Galettes (Buckwheat Crepes).
You can cook Galettes (Buckwheat Crepes) using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Galettes (Buckwheat Crepes)
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 120 ml of milk or water (or mix. Milk makes it richer).
- Prepare 60 g of buckwheat flour.
- You need 2 pinches of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar (optional for slightly sweet galettes).
- Prepare of Butter for the frying pan.
Galettes (Buckwheat Crepes) instructions
- In one bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and water. In another bowl, mix together the buckwheat flour, salt and sugar (if using sugar)..
- Gradually add the flour mixture into the wet mixture and whisk together very well..
- I recommend letting the batter rest in the fridge for an hour to improve the consistency, but if you're in a hurry you could cook it right away and it'll still taste good..
- Heat a frying pan on medium. Melt a tab of butter in the pan, then pour a ladleful of the galette batter in. Tilt the pan around so the batter spreads out evenly to the edges..
- Fry for a minute or two until you see little bubbles on the top and the bottom side has cooked. I like to have mine with just a little golden color. Then flip over the other side..
- Fry the other side for another minute or two until it's golden..
- Remove to a plate and prepare the remaining galettes. I sometimes cover my plate of finished galettes with another plate to keep warm..
- You can serve with yogurt, whip cream, fruits, jams, etc. for sweet galettes..
- For lunch or savory galettes, try steamed or raw veggies, ham/chicken, cheese, scrambled eggs, etc – the possibilities are endless!.
- Another classic option is to put the fillings (like cheese and egg) on while the galette is still in the frying pan so it cooks along with the batter. In this case, don't flip the galette, but let it cook on one side with the fillings on top. Then flip jsut the sides over the fillings, or fold over, and serve :).