Buckwheat Ash Gourd Halwa Tartlets.
You can cook Buckwheat Ash Gourd Halwa Tartlets using 13 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Buckwheat Ash Gourd Halwa Tartlets
- It’s of For crust.
- Prepare 110 gm of buckwheat Flour.
- You need 40 gm of cold Ghee.
- Prepare 2-5 tbsp of ice cold Water.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of powdered Sugar.
- It’s of For Halwa.
- You need 1 cup of grated Ash gourd.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar – adjust.
- It’s 1 of generous pinch Saffron.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp + 1 teaspoon of Ghee.
- It’s 10-12 of Cashews.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Cardamom powder.
Buckwheat Ash Gourd Halwa Tartlets step by step
- Mix buckwheat flour and sugar in a bowl.
- Add cold ghee and mix well until crumbly.
- Add little cold water and mix until dough comes together. Do not add in water at once, add 1 tsp at a time.
- Cover dough with cling wrap.Pat dough and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Grease tartlet molds with ghee and dust with flour.
- Roll the dough, since this is gluten free flour, it will break so patiently roll it.
- Cut the dough in bigger size than tartlet molds.
- Press and shape the cut discs into tartlet molds. freeze for 30 minutes.
- Prick the dough with fork all over and place on baking tray.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown in preheated oven at 180.
- Allow the baked crusts to cool completely. Keep it aside.
- For Halwa: Fry cashews in 1 teaspoon ghee until golden brown. keep it aside.
- In same pan, add grated ash gourd and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water and mix well.
- Cover and cook stirring occasionally until raw taste disappears.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add generous pinch of saffron and mix well.
- Cook until mixture starts leaving sides of the pan.
- Add 2 tbsp ghee and mix well.
- Add cardamom powder and cashews. mix well and switch off.
- Add halwa to baked tartlets.
- Serve delicious tartlets.