Buckwheat Beetroot Crackers with Pea Pesto.
You can have Buckwheat Beetroot Crackers with Pea Pesto using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buckwheat Beetroot Crackers with Pea Pesto
- You need 100 grams of Buckwheat flour.
- It’s 50 grams of All purpose flour.
- You need 50 grams of Barley flour.
- It’s 50 grams of Beetroot powder.
- Prepare 10 grams of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Sesame seeds.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare as needed of Freshly crushed Blackpepper corn.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Cheese powder.
- Prepare as needed of Warm water to bind.
- Prepare 100 grams of fresh Peas.
- It’s 20 leaves of fresh Basil.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Pine nuts.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Olive oil.
- You need 2 cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 1 of green Chilli.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Feta.
- Prepare 1 of Orange, skinned, deseeded and segmented.
Buckwheat Beetroot Crackers with Pea Pesto instructions
- Combine the flours, sesame seeds, sesame oil, salt, beetroot powder, cheese powder and blackpepper with the warm water to make a dough, cling wrap it and let it rest for an hour..
- Meanwhile, make the pesto by combining the boiled peas, basil, olive oil, garlic, chilli, pine nuts and salt. Use olive oil to get the right creamy consistency. If you wish you could add cheese to it, but since we are serving it with feta, I haven't added any cheese here..
- Preheat your oven to 200 degree C..
- Bring out the dough and roll it to a 1 cm thickness, use a cookie cutter to cut your crackers to the shape of your choice. and let it bake for 20 minutes in the oven till it is crisp. It helps to flip the cracker once to ensure you get a crisp one..
- Let the crackers cool. They stay well for 15 days in an airtight container. To serve, add a dollop of the pea pesto, crumble some feta and add orange segments. You can crack some more fresh pepper on it or use red chilli flakes..