Buckwheat Sourdough Starter.
You can have Buckwheat Sourdough Starter using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Buckwheat Sourdough Starter
- It’s 35 gm of raisins.
- It’s 365 ml of boiling water.
- It’s 385 gm of buckwheat flour.
Buckwheat Sourdough Starter instructions
- DAY 1 – Soak the raisins in the boiling water, leave them to soak until the water has cooled until it is tepid (just above room temp is fine). Then strain the raisins out of the water..
- In a glass bowl or large jar (I used a large bowl), place 40g of buckwheat flour and 80mls of your tepid raisin water and mix to form a paste. Cover with cling film and leave in a warm spot for 24 hours. Reserve your raisin water for day 2..
- DAY 2 – Whisk in another 40 g of the buckwheat flour and 55mls of your raisin water (warm it very slightly if you can for max yeast growth oomph). Cover again and leave for 24 hours..
- DAY 3 – Whisk in a further 75g buckwheat flour and 115 ml of your raisin water. Cover and leave to ferment for a further 24 hours..
- DAY 4 – Hopefully today you will start to notice a mild vinegar like smell and you may see some large surface bubbles. Discard half your mixture (don't throw it out – you can make pancakes, crackers and even cookies with this discarded batter). Then whisk 75g buckwheat flour and 115 ml of raisin water to your starter. Cover and leave to ferment for 24 hours..
- DAY 5 – Whisk in your remaining 155g of flour and add 225 ml of regular tepid water. Cover loosely and set aside for 4 hours of until really bubbly. Then store in the fridge for a final 12 hours before using..