Apple butter barbecue sauce.
You can cook Apple butter barbecue sauce using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple butter barbecue sauce
- You need 2-28 oz of jars apple butter.
- You need 5/12 cup of (just under 1/2 cup) malt vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of bourbon.
- It’s 2 tsp of hickory liquid smoke.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of Frank's Red Hot.
- It’s 1 tsp of chipotle Tabasco.
- It’s 4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground clove.
- Prepare 5 Tbs of dark ("robust") molasses.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of honey, buckwheat is ideal.
Apple butter barbecue sauce step by step
- Mix all but last two ingredients and reduce to barbecue sauce consistency. (The molasses and honey are way more prone to burning.).
- Remove from heat and stir in the molasses and honey..
- Store in the apple butter jars..