Kasha with Nuts (Vegan). You may also want to have some storage containers handy if you are making a bigger batch to Nuts and seeds are not only good for you but also help to keep you feeling fuller for longer as they are good sources of fibre. Nuts add so much to a vegan lifestyle. Nuts can be blended with water to produce creamy nut milks.
But it's far from slim pickings when it comes to vegan snacks. A vegan life without nuts would be a very boring one. At least for me it would. You can have Kasha with Nuts (Vegan) using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kasha with Nuts (Vegan)
- It’s 200 grams of Buckwheat.
- It’s 500 ml of Soja Milk.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 50 grams of Dried Apricots (minced).
- You need 50 grams of Raisins.
- You need 2 tsp of Oil.
- It’s 20 grams of Pistachios (minced).
- You need 20 grams of Almonds (minced).
- You need 1 of Maple Syrup.
- You need 1 of Soja Yoghurt.
I eat them in some shape or form almost every day. Candied nuts are often not vegan because egg white is used to coat them and make the sugar and spices stick nicely. I actually got the idea for this recipe from a jar of candied. There can never be enough Vegan Nachos!
Kasha with Nuts (Vegan) step by step
- Roast buckwheat in a pan without fat until golden..
- Add buckwheat, milk, a pinch of salt, apricots and raisins in a pot and bring to boil. Leave to soak on a low heat for 15min. Stir from time to time..
- Add oil, pistachios and almonds..
- Serve with maple syrup and yoghurt..
More Nacho things from the blog. Vegan.io looks great on mobile devices too! Viewing this page on an iPad? Rotate the screen to switch to kitchen mode. We love food from all over the world and exploring as many cuisines as we possible can.