Cold buckwheat noodle salad (Japan).
You can have Cold buckwheat noodle salad (Japan) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cold buckwheat noodle salad (Japan)
- You need of Noodles.
- It’s 1 packages of buckwheat noodles (dry).
- It’s of Vegetable Sautee.
- You need 2 of Shallots.
- Prepare 1 packages of mushrooms.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare of Noodles Dipping sauce.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- You need 1/3 bunch of scallions.
- It’s 1 of cucumber.
Cold buckwheat noodle salad (Japan) step by step
- Put pot of lightly salted water to a light boil not too hot. Add the noodles and cook for 3mins only (will get gummy if overcooked) Drain & toss with a little oil..
- Mix together ingredients for dipping sauce. Tip: you can add chilli flakes or Sriracha chili sauce for an extra. Serve in small bowls aside noodles, for dipping & slurping your noodles in!.
- Thinly chop scallions, then add most of them to noodles & save a handful for the dipping sauce. Then cut up cucumber into 2 inch veggie sticks & toss into noodle mix.
- Sautee shallots till translucent in a pan with a small amount of a light oil (safflower, veg, corn, grapeseed oil etc.) Then add thinly sliced mushrooms. Grate garlic cloves into mix last so it doesn't burn. This takes only about 3 mins tops to cook total..
- Toss altogether noodles, veggies, garnish…dip slurp & enjoy.