Shakshuka with hot dogs. Shakshouka (Arabic: شكشوكة, also spelled shakshuka or chakchouka) is a dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, olive oil, peppers, onion and garlic The Ottoman dish şakşuka was originally a dish of cooked vegetables with minced meat or liver (ciġer). Tomato and chili peppers hot/sweet were. Shakshuka is the ultimate breakfast or brunch dish because its all cooked in a single pan and can easily feed a crowd.
I watched the video below Shakshuka originated from my family's heritage. For added depth of flavor, my mom adds sliced hot dog pieces while cooking the onions in the first. Fall in love with Phil's New York as he noshes with friends Al Roker, Judy Gold, Elaine May and Tracy Morgan. You can have Shakshuka with hot dogs using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shakshuka with hot dogs
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 3 tsp of minced garlic (about 3 cloves).
- You need 10 oz of frozen pepper and onion stir fry mix.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne (adjust according to taste).
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 6 of beef hot dogs, sliced thin.
- You need 32 oz of canned tomatoes, with juices.
- You need 6 of large eggs.
The trickiest part of the shakshuka is also the most eye-catching: When the mixture is thick enough to hold When oil is hot, add onions and sauté until onions are softened. Add garlic and cumin seeds and continue to sauté. Spicy chorizo shakshuka is the perfect spicy one pan breakfast. The eggs are cooked perfectly in the hot and spicy tomato sauce.
Shakshuka with hot dogs instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven safe frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Saute garlic and stir fry mix until soft, about 5-7 mins.
- Stir in cumin, paprika, cayenne, salt, pepper. Cook for 2 mins..
- Add hot dogs and cook for 5 mins..
- Reduce heat. Stir in tomatoes and simmer 12 mins..
- Remove from heat. Crack 6 eggs on top of tomato mixture..
- Bake for 7-10 minutes until eggs start to set. Remove from oven before fully set as they will continue to cook from the heat of the tomatoes. Let stand 3 minutes..
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve..
It is ridiculously easy to make Shakshuka and to clean it up. It requires the use of one cutting board and one pan. It is a great family style brunch dish. Shakshuka – spiced onions and peppers with an egg on top. Find this Pin and more on SHAKSHUKA RECIPES by Paul Hardman.