Okra and Natto Soba with Grated Daikon (served cold).
You can have Okra and Natto Soba with Grated Daikon (served cold) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Okra and Natto Soba with Grated Daikon (served cold)
- You need 2 bundles of Soba noodles (read the instructions of noodles and prepare for 2).
- Prepare 3 of Okra.
- It’s 2 inches of Daikon (peeled and grated).
- You need 2 of skinny Green Onions.
- It’s 1 to 2 packages of Natto.
- It’s of Soba sauce.
- You need of Dried mini shrimp (recommended but not required).
- You need of Shredded Nori (recommended but not required).
- It’s of Shichimi or Yuzu-Kosho pepper (red pepper).
Okra and Natto Soba with Grated Daikon (served cold) step by step
- Bring water to boil and boil noodles as per the instructions of the noodle package..
- Thinly slice okra. Chop green onions. Peel and grate daikon..
- Mix Natto in a small bowl by itself until it's gooey. This process makes its nutrients active..
- When noodles are cooked, drain and chill in ice-cold water. Drain well. Place noodles in a serving bowl..
- Put grated daikon and sliced okra on noodles, put natto, green onions and nori on top. Pour soba sauce (you can buy one at a Japanese market) and serve with Shichimi or Yuzu-kosho pepper. Mix well before eating..
- Optional: Adding a fresh raw egg is also good and recommended..