Creamy Chicken Pastel. Creamy Chicken Pastel is a comfort food, as far as I am concerned. I love to have this warm white rice. We usually make this dish during special occasions.
Notes: – Try serving with cooked pasta or toasted bread. Creamy chicken pastel is rich and delicious. It's originally a casserole dish made in a pie crust. You can cook Creamy Chicken Pastel using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken Pastel
- You need 1/2 kg of cubed chicken breast fillet.
- You need 1 cup of mixed veggies.
- Prepare 1 of small diced onion.
- It’s 3 cloves of chopped garlic.
- You need 3 pcs of fried hotdogs.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of fish sauce (optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
This dish is very similar to the filling in a chicken pot pie and chicken ala king and can be thrown together. In the same skillet, add the chicken and season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and paprika. This pie crust-topped creamy chicken pastel recipe is chockful of delicious ingredients that you may be familiar with plus a few you didn't know about. There are carrots, mushrooms, water chestnuts.
Creamy Chicken Pastel instructions
- Saute onion and garlic in butter..
- Add chicken. Cook for 5 mins. Then add salt pepper fish sauce and water. Cook for another 10 mins..
- Add mixed veggies and hotdogs. Stir. Cook for 3 mins..
- In a small cup or bowl, take about 3 tbsp of heavy cream and mix in the flour so it doesnt make a lump. Then add in the cream and the flour solution. Simmer for 5 mins..
Chicken Pastel is a hearty stew made of diced chicken meat, sausages, mushrooms, peas, and carrots in a rich, creamy sauce. Adapted from Spain's pastel de pollo. Basically, chicken pastel or "Pastel de Pollo" in Spanish is a creamy chicken dish encased in a pie crust. This is unmistakably compared to that of the "Empanada", if you may remember one which also. How to make Macaroni and Cheese