You can have Ultimate Frankfurter using 12 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ultimate Frankfurter
- You need 1 1/2 lb of Beef.
- It’s 1 each of Lamb's intestines.
- You need 1 dash of Vinegar.
- Prepare 25 grams of Onion, grated.
- You need 5 grams of Garlic, crushed.
- It’s 2 grams of Corriander.
- Prepare 1 grams of Mustard.
- It’s 1 grams of Mustard Seed.
- You need 2 grams of White Pepper.
- It’s 10 grams of Salt.
- It’s 1 cup of Dry Milk.
- You need 36 grams of Ice Water.
Ultimate Frankfurter step by step
- Cut the meat into 1" cubes..
- Place in freezer for about 30 minutes..
- Soak casings in water with a splash of vinegar..
- Grate onion and garlic..
- Assemble spices. Activate with heat. Pulverize with a spice grinder..
- Prepare meat grinder..
- Grind meat..
- Combine meat, onion, garlic and seasonings in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment fitted..
- Beat on medium speed, slowly adding ice water..
- The result is a paste that smears to the side of the bowl..
- Check seasoning by poaching several chunks of sausage and tasting. Adjust as necessary..
- Prepare a sausage stuffer, mounted with a length of lamb casing..
- Stuff frankfurters..
- Pinch and twist to segment to desired length..
- Cook, very gently. I suggest baking at the lowest available temperature to an internal temperature of about 150°F (2 hours or so). This seems to yield the best texture..
- If your not planning to consume these quickly, they freeze pretty well..