Grilled cheese dogs. A brilliant combination of two classics: grilled cheese and hot dogs! Whip up this Grilled Hot Dog-Cheese Sandwich recipe. If you love mustard-y, relish-topped hot dogs and grilled cheese sandwiches, you'll love Grilled Hot Dog Cheese Sandwiches.
This'll take you right back to the ballpark. Sliced fried hot dogs, chili, and melty American cheese. The only place you can get all beef hot dogs over here in the UK is at Costco, so when I get the chance to go, I stock up on them and bang them. You can cook Grilled cheese dogs using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled cheese dogs
- Prepare of hot dog buns.
- You need 4 of hot dogs cut in half.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 3 c of cheddar cheese.
Butter the outside of the hot dog buns. Once you try Grilled Cheese Dogs, you'll never eat a hot dog the same way again. Cheese Dog Grilled Cheese. to favorites. Layer the cheese and hot dogs between the bread slices (keeping the buttered sides on the outside).
Grilled cheese dogs step by step
- Flatten hot dog buns with a rolling pin. In a small bowl, stir together butter, garlic powder, and onion powder. Spread all over bottom side of buns..
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sear hot dogs (working in batches if necessary) until charred, 2 minutes per side. Set aside..
- Place bun buttered side down in skillet and top with 1/2 cup cheddar. Top with a hot dog and sprinkle with a little more cheddar and green onions..
- Cover with a lid and let cheese melt, then use a spatula to close the bun..
- Repeat with remaining buns and dogs..
Add cheese to your hot dog and press it into a grilled cheese sandwich for a whole new take on the ballpark wiener. Like every American girl, I love hot dogs. What I don't love, though, are the buns. Grilled Cheese Hot Dog Grilled Cheese Recipes Grilled Cheese Rolls Cheese Stuffed Burgers Grilled Cheeses Grilling A brilliant combination of two classics: grilled cheese and hot dogs! Cut slices of cheddar cheese in half.