You can cook Swiss Steak using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Swiss Steak
- Prepare 2-3 lbs of round steak cut into 6 to 8 pieces and season with >.
- It’s of Salt, pepper, garlic powder and dry mustard and coat in flour.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper sliced and halved.
- You need 1 of yellow bell pepper sliced and halved.
- You need 1 of large onion sliced and halved.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic minced.
- You need 1 can (15 oz) of Petite diced tomatoes not drained.
- You need 1 can (24 oz) of hunts traditional pasta sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of better than bouillon beef base.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of parsley.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of wostershire sauce.
Swiss Steak instructions
- Lightly brown seasoned and floured steaks in a skillet with a little oil don't fully cook them.
- Place in a slow cooker and top with onions and peppers.
- Mix tomatoes, sauce, garlic, water, salt, pepper, bouillon, sugar, Wostershire and parsley.
- Pour on top and cover and cook on low for 8 hours.