Pot roast. Pot roast is a braised beef dish made by browning a roast-sized piece of beef before slow cooking the meat in a covered dish, sometimes with vegetables, in or over liquid. Pot roasts typically use the tougher cuts of beef—a chuck roast or shoulder roast—which have the most flavor. For pot roasts, and other slow cooked tough meats, fat is your friend!
Slow Cooked Balsamic Pot Roast is perfect for an easy weekday or weekend dinner! Fall apart-tender beef is slow cooked in a garlic balsamic sauce, along with potatoes and carrots to complete your meal! One of the best bang-for-buck meals of all time. You can have Pot roast using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pot roast
- It’s 1 of medium oven roast.
- You need 1 box of beef broth.
- You need 1 lb of baby carrots.
- It’s 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of better than bouillon.
- It’s 5 lb of sliced potatoes.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
Thanks to Turo for sponsoring this video! Dutch oven pot roast recipes are the ultimate comfort food. When juicy pot roast simmers in garlic, onions and veggies, everyone comes running to ask, "When can we eat?" Making a simple, old-fashioned pot roast is an accomplishment any cook can achieve. In fact, many cooks swear pot roast is even better the second day after all the flavors have time to mix and mingle.
Pot roast instructions
- Place carrots in bottom of crock pot.
- Add potatoes.
- Rub the better than bouillon on the roast until it's covered.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning onto roast.
- Place roast in crock pot and surround it with chopped onions.
- Pour beef broth into the crock pot and add remaining seasoning.
- Cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours.
Classic Pot Roast is an easy comfort food that is an absolute favorite. A one pot meal made easy in Remember, I said that pot roast isn't a specific cut of meat and is more the method of how you cook. Pot Roast – fall apart beef, tender flavour infused vegetables and potatoes smothered in a rich gravy. It's mouthwateringly good, yet simple to make, especially if you use a slow cooker. This pot roast in the crockpot is simply perfection.