Butternut Squash Risotto.
You can have Butternut Squash Risotto using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Risotto
- You need 1 of butternut squash, peeled and 3/4" cubed.
- It’s 2 Tbs. of olive oil.
- It’s of Salt and Pepper.
- You need 6 cups of water.
- Prepare 6 tsp. of Better than Bouillon chicken base.
- Prepare 4 tbs of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 of large shallots, minced.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of arborio rice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1 cup of Parmesan Reggiano cheese.
Butternut Squash Risotto instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss squash in olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt. Roast in oven till soft, about 30 mins..
- Bring water and bullion to a simmer in a small saucepan to create chicken broth..
- In a medium pot, melt butter and saute the shallots for 10 min. Add rice and stir to coat in butter..
- Add wine and stir for 3 mins. 1 cup at a time, add broth and stir for 5-6 to allow broth to be absorbed. Continue until all broth is used and rice is al dente..
- Remove rice from heat and stir in squash and cheese..