You can have Hamburger Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hamburger Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of hamburger (your choice of fat content, I use 80/20).
- It’s 1 can of corn, drained.
- Prepare 1 can of green beans, drained.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, peeled.
- You need 1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes(again a preference, I use the fire roasted for flavoring).
- It’s 6 ounces of chopped green chili(I use mild, not everyone likes spicy).
- It’s 1/4 cups of diced onion.
- It’s 1 of med potato, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of "better than bouillon"(I will post a picture of what it looks like, you can find it in soup section of your local grocery store.
- It’s 2-3 cups of water (for soup).
- It’s of You will need additional water for the noodles.
- Prepare 8 ounces of noodles of your choice (I use the wide ribbon no yolk noodles).
- You need of Garlic powder (I like it better than salt, your choice).
Hamburger Soup instructions
- In a 5 quart dutch oven, or pot, cook hamburger. Drain into a colander, and return to pot..
- Add corn, tomatoes, green beans, carrot, potato,onion, and green chili, stir together, add 2-3 cups of water( add slowly so you can adjust the amount you put in) use your judgement to determine the consistency..
- Continue to cook for another 1-1.5 hours.
- Cook noodles, to to the consistency you like(if you like al dente, depending on the type of noodle, usually between 9-15 minutes).
- Put noodles in a bowl, and add soup. Serve with rolls, bread and you have a hearty meal..
- I hope you enjoy, and look forward to seeing your comments, and suggestions..