Yummy Thicker Potato Soup. A delicious, global twist on your favorite chicken noodle soup made into a healthy paleo version. The last time I made something spiralized with sweet potatoes, you guys fell in love, so say hello to my latest and greatest sweet potato noodle recipe. If you prefer thicker soups, choose vegetable purées made with water or skim milk as a base – their smooth, creamy texture feels indulgent, and the puréed.
Yet it can still be made as a low-fat dinner, loaded with vitamins and minerals! I made this and it's yummy, but not as creamy as yours looks. We added more vegetables and used chicken broth instead of water and it was yummy! You can cook Yummy Thicker Potato Soup using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yummy Thicker Potato Soup
- You need 8 of White potatoes.
- It’s 5 1/2 cup of Water.
- You need 3 cup of Milk.
- It’s 4 slice of Bacon.
- Prepare 1 of chopped onion.
- You need 1/2 packages of Smoked Sausage.
- Prepare 1 of Salt And Pepper.
- It’s tbsp of chicken better than bouillon.
- You need tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 of instant potaotes.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of bisquick.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
Sending it to my other son away at college. Any time I serve this thick comforting soup, I'm asking for the recipe. Because it is loaded with chunks of potatoes and chicken, no one suspects that it's low in fat. -Carla Reid of Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. Chicken Potato Soup. . . credit : HidaMari Cooking.
Yummy Thicker Potato Soup step by step
- Peel, rinse, and dice potatoes. Place in pot with 5 cups of water. Set aside..
- Dice smoked Sausage and bacon slices.
- In a skillet, add 1/2 stick of butter and vegetable oil and saute diced onion, bacon, and sausage together. Until onion is tender. Drain grease..
- Boil the potatoes until tender on medium heat..
- Once tender, add in 3 cups of milk. Stirring frequently..
- Stir in salt, pepper, onion, powder, and garlic powder..
- Place remaining 1 1/2 sticks of butter in soup. Stir in until it melts..
- Stir in chicken bouillon..
- Add the sautéd onion, bacon, and smoked sausage..
- Add instant potatoes off and on during cooking until it gets to desired thickness..
- In a mixing bowl, add bisquick and remaining 1/2 cup of water and mix until a ball of dough is formed..
- Add in the dough to the soup by the tablespoon..
- After making sure potatoes are done, ENJOY! I like to put some shredded cheese in my bowl and mix it in my soup..
Chicken noodle soup is one of the easiest soups to make. The ingredients are simple and inexpensive. Add hearty veggies (like potatoes) to the pot along with the onions and carrots. I add a dash of Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Tips for Perfect Creamy Potato Soup.