Loaded ham, bacon and potato chowder. My hearty chowder nourishes the family. —Katie Lillo, Big Lake, Minnesota. Potatoes, on the other hand, are a different story, as well as the rest of the ingredients for this hearty potato chowder. Use the bacon drippings for the soup base and the naked corn cobs to infuse the broth with extra corn flavour.
This fresh chowder is made with real bacon and potatoes and cooked to smooth, milky perfection to help grow hot and savory. This Potato Ham Corn Chowder is such an awesome recipe & make it Saucy! Corn Chowder with Ham and Potatoes. You can have Loaded ham, bacon and potato chowder using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Loaded ham, bacon and potato chowder
- It’s of chowder.
- You need 15 of large potatoes peeled and cubed.
- You need 4 clove of garlic smash and diced.
- It’s 1 lb of thick cut bacon cut in 1/2 inch pieces.
- You need 4 of large leeks cleaned and sliced in rings.
- You need 4 of Green onions chopped.
- Prepare 2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 stick of butter.
- It’s 1 lb of cooked ham chopped.
- It’s 3 cup of chicken broth(my favorite is better than bullion).
- You need 3 cup of pork stock or beef works well also.
- You need 3 cup of cold water.
- It’s 2 can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 cup of smoked cheddar cheese shredded.
- It’s of toppings.
- You need 1 of sour cream.
- You need 1 of chives.
- Prepare 1 of shredded cheese.
- You need 1 of crackers.
Growing up we ate a lot of potato soup. My mom would make it either with ham (when we had a left over roast) Lately I'm really loving chowders (and they always make me want to say chowda!), so I added in more than just the ham. This also has bacon, corn and. Add potatoes, water, bouillon cubes to pot.
Loaded ham, bacon and potato chowder instructions
- Peel and cubed potatoes place in large stock pot with the liquids. start the potatoes on medium heat. Add garlic..
- In a large pan brown bacon.then remove bacon from pan leaving grease in pan.
- In pan add 1 stick butter to bacon grease melt add leeks,onions and ham. Sautee till browned then add bacon and saute a few second longer. (House should be smelling like heaven at this point.).
- Pour all of the pan ingredients into to potato stock pot. Stir and bring to boli the put on simmer for three hours. Can mix water in the pan to get every last bit of the goodness fron the sauté. Stir hourly.
- After 3 hours mash part of potatoes leaving big chunks for the end result this thickens the chowder..
- The last 30 minutes of cooking add the evaporated milk, cream, last stick of butter, and cheese, stirring constantly. To aviod scalding and sticking to bottom of pot. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish and serve. Make some fresh home made french bread you have a great winter meal..
Heat to boiling, then cover and simmer until potatoes are cooked, then add bacon. Mix flour with a small amount of evaporated milk, making a paste. Learn how to make Summer Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe. Allow to cool; peel and mash. No ham or carrots today, but this Bacon Potato Corn Chowder is just as yummy.