Chili Cheese Dog Casserole ( Taste of Home Kid Cookbook ).
You can have Chili Cheese Dog Casserole ( Taste of Home Kid Cookbook ) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chili Cheese Dog Casserole ( Taste of Home Kid Cookbook )
- It’s 1 each of Jiffy Corn Bread/Muffin Mix (8.5oz).
- Prepare 1 cup of Chopped Green Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chopped Onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Chopped Celery.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Coconut Oil.
- Prepare 1 packages of Hot Dogs; halved lengthwise & cut into bite-size pieces.
- It’s 1 can of Chili with Beans ( 15 oz ).
- You need 2 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Chili Powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese ( divided in half ).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Tumeric ( I add it to everything! ).
- You need 2 tbsp of Ground Flax Seeds ( I add this as much as possible; mixed in with cornbread batter ).
Chili Cheese Dog Casserole ( Taste of Home Kid Cookbook ) instructions
- Preheat oven to 350*F..
- Prepare cornbread batter according to package directions then spread half of the batter into a greased 8 inch square baking dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet , saute the green pepper, onion and celery in oil until crisp and tender. Stir in hot dogs; saute 3 to 4 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Stir in the chili, brown sugar, garlic powder in chili powder; heat through. Stir in half cup of cheese..
- Game over corn bread batter. Then top with remaining cornbread batter. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top..
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 28 to 32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving..