Better Than Your Beef Stew.
You can have Better Than Your Beef Stew using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Better Than Your Beef Stew
- It’s 3 lb of stew beef.
- Prepare 3 can of beef broth.
- It’s 1 of bottle red wine.
- You need 4 of potatoes.
- Prepare 4 large of carrots.
- Prepare 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 4 of celery stalks.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 tbsp of parsley.
- It’s 1/4 cup of apple cider vinager *optional*.
- You need 1 of *optional* flour.
Better Than Your Beef Stew instructions
- pour wine in mixing bowl and let beef soak while you cut the potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions.
- cut vegetables to desired size and put aside the your desired amount you want to use.
- in a hot skillet lightly brown the beef cubes a little at a time and put into cooking pot as you go.
- when all the beef is lightly browned and in the pot, pour in the 3 cans of beef broth and half a cup of the wine that the beef was soaking in, the 2 bay leaves, parsley and thyme. *optional* add apple cider vinegar.
- bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer, let simmer for about an hour.
- put cut vegetables into the wine and let soak while the beef is cooking.
- add the vegetables, quarter cup of the wine, salt and pepper to the pot, and continue to simmer on a low/medium for about an hour or until your desired tenderness of the vegetables.
- *optional* add water if you want or feel you need more broth.
- *optional* when the vegetables are added, mix in lightly about a quarter cup of flour if you want the stew to be thicker, don't add any more than that unless you want it really thick.