Key lime cake. How to make the Best Key Lime Cake. Reviews for: Photos of Key Lime Cake III. This Key Lime Cake recipe tastes just like a key lime pie!
Can't get enough of this cake recipe? This super easy key lime cake is bursting with fresh lime flavor and topped with whipped cream. Delicious homemade Lime Cake from scratch recipe with Lime Curd and Cream Cheese Frosting! You can have Key lime cake using 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Key lime cake
- It’s of Cake.
- Prepare 1 of Butter for greasing pan.
- You need 1 of Flour for dusting pan.
- It’s 3 oz of Package lime flavored jello.
- You need 1 1/3 cup of Granulated sugar.
- You need 2 cup of Sifted all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Orange juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 5 large of Eggs, slightly beaten.
- You need of Glaze.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Key lime juice (from about 25 small key limes or 4 large regular limes.
- You need 1/2 cup of Confectioner's sugar.
- You need of Icing.
- It’s 1 stick of Butter, room temperature.
- It’s 8 oz of Package cream cheese, room temperature.
- It’s 1 lb of Box of confectioner's sugar.
Today I'm going to share the most DELICIOUS homemade Lime Cake recipe. Classic Key Lime Pie transformed into a delicious Key Lime Pie Cake! Subtle yet distinctive, the difference between Key Lime juice and regular lime juice comes through in this delicious cake. Because of its pale green color, this cake resembles a lemon cake.
Key lime cake step by step
- For the cake:.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease and flour one 9x13x2 inch cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the jello, granulated sugar, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda stir to mix well.
- Add the oil, orange juice, lemon juice, vanilla, and eggs mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter evenly in the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick or fork.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 5 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack.
- For the glaze:.
- While cake is still hot mix the lime juice and confectioner's sugar together well.
- Pierce the cake all over with a fork to allow the glaze to soak in better and pour it all over the cake.
- Allow cake to completely cool as you prepare the icing.
- For the icing:.
- Cream the butter and cream cheese then beat in the confectioner's sugar until mixture is smooth and easy to spread.
- Frost your cake then enjoy.
This post may contain affiliate links. I love citrus flavored cakes so I knew I needed a lemon cake and when I came across the recipe for a Key Lime Cake over at Bakerella I knew it had. Bring the great flavor of key lime pie to a wonderful white cake. Make the cake: In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Learn to make delicious Key Lime Cake by Edna De la Cruz with this easy to follow step by step tutorial.