Key Lime Pie. Key lime pie is an American dessert pie made of Key lime juice, egg yolks, and sweetened condensed milk in a pie crust. The traditional Conch version uses the egg whites to make a meringue topping. This key lime pie filling has sour cream and sweetened condensed milk and is perfect for your favorite homemade graham Nutritional Information.
Recipe courtesy of Joe's Stone Crab. Cut the pie into wedges and serve very cold, topping each wedge with a large dollop of whipped cream. Key Lime Pie is a summer classic! You can have Key Lime Pie using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Key Lime Pie
- You need 1 of FOR OREO CRUST.
- Prepare 24 of whole oreo cookies.
- You need 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- It’s 1 of FOR PIE FILLING.
- Prepare 5 of egg yolks.
- It’s 2 of 14 ounce cans sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh lime juice, from either key limes or regular limes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lime zest grated from about 1/2 of your regular limes or 1 key lime.
- Prepare 1 dash of salt.
This easy recipe features a graham cracker crust and a creamy filling that mixes together in just a couple of minutes. The Best Key Lime Pie recipe EVER! You won't be able to stop at just one slice. This Easy Key Lime Pie with a simple graham cracker crust is a dessert favorite!
Key Lime Pie step by step
- FOR CRUST.
- FOR CRUST.
- Spray a 9 or 10 inche pie plate with non stick spray, lightly, this will help get the crust out easy..
- Combine cookies and butter in food processor and whizz until finely ground. Put moist crumbs in your prepared pie plate and pack into an even layer around sides and bottom of pie plate. Freeze while making filling..
- FOR LIME FILLING.
- Mix the egg yolks, condensed milk, lime juice, lime zest and salt, whisk or beat until thoroughly combined..
- Pour into oreo crust. Bake in a 350 oven for 8 to 10 minutes just to lightly set and cook eggs, do not overcook!.
- Cool on rack, then chill..
- Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- NOTE This pie can be frozen, before serving thaw at toom temperature 15 minutes and garnish with the whipped cream and chocolate shavings, refrigerate any leftovers..
It is perfectly tart, creamy, and smooth! Key Lime Pie is one of my husband's favorite pies. For years, I professed that I didn't particularly care for it. I always thought they were a bit too dense and either too tart or not tart enough. This Classic Key Lime Pie features an easy homemade graham cracker crust, a smooth and creamy key lime pie filling, and homemade whipped cream on top.