Pan Fried Fish Cakes w/Pomegranate & Lime Vinaigrette. Gently break open the pomegranate and separate the seeds from the pith. The pith will float to the top of the bowl, and can be easily scooped off. Strain the sauce into a clean saucepan over medium-low heat.
Dice smoked ham, bamboo shoots and soaked mushrooms. These hearty fish cakes are made from a combination of diced cod, garlicky mashed potatoes, matzo meal and egg. (Letting the cakes rest for a few minutes before frying helps them hold together in the hot pan.) Served on the side, a creamy, zesty sauce is perfect for dipping. Carrot, corn syrup, fish cakes, garlic, green chili pepper, green onion, hot pepper paste, onion, rice syrup, sesame oil, sesame seeds, vegetable oil, white sugar. You can cook Pan Fried Fish Cakes w/Pomegranate & Lime Vinaigrette using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pan Fried Fish Cakes w/Pomegranate & Lime Vinaigrette
- You need of Fish Cakes.
- It’s 1 lb of ground Tilapia fish.
- You need 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of ground mustard.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped dried seaweed.
- You need 2 tbsp of EVOO for frying.
- It’s of Vinaigrette.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pomegranate molasses.
- It’s 1/4 cup of EVOO.
- It’s 1/4 cup of lime juice (actually 1/8, but couldn't put it).
- You need 1 tsp of black sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white sesame seeds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
Pan fry in oil until golden brown. Transfer into a cooling rack to drain excess oil. Fish cakes are my favourite way to make use of leftover mashed potatoes post holiday meal. If your potatoes have cream or milk added, you might just need to add a handful of breadcrumbs to the mixture until it is easy to handle and shape.
Pan Fried Fish Cakes w/Pomegranate & Lime Vinaigrette step by step
- Combine all Fish Cake ingredients except EVOO. Mix well..
- Make into patties.
- Heat frying pan until it starts to smoke a little. Add enough EVOO to your frying pan to coat the bottom..
- Once oil starts to ripple, turn heat down to medium high and add your Fish Cakes..
- Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until a nice golden brown, then flip and cook other side for 4 to 6 minutes, or again, until a nice golden brown..
- While the Fish Cakes are cooking, mix Vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk with a fork for about 2 minutes, then set aside until ready to serve..
- Once Fish Cakes are done cooking, place then on a paper towel to drain excess oil..
- To plate, simply place on a plate, add your side dish, then drizzle Fish Cake with Vinaigrette and serve while hot. (Don't forget to stir the Vinaigrette right before you drizzle it over the Fish Cake).
- Enjoy! I sure did!.
If any fish cakes are left, tuck them into pita bread for lunchboxes. In preparation for Norouz here is a fish recipe that can be served along with Sabzi Polow, Rice with Fresh Herbs. This is a super easy recipe and pretty quick too! You can use any kind of white wish, I would suggest using a type that is not too flaky and that holds its shape in the. The Pan-fried Fishcakes recipe out of our category saltwater Fish!