Lime fried prawns. This butter and garlic fried prawns is one of the easiest prawns (shrimp) recipes that you'll ever come across. Succulent prawns pan fried with garlic and chilli flakes in a butter and olive oil mix. A dash of lime juice and a garnish of coriander leaves add an exotic touch to this easy prawns recipe.
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Season the prawns and set aside. Cook the garlic over medium-low heat until it just starts to colour. You can have Lime fried prawns using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lime fried prawns
- It’s 1 box of Prawns.
- You need 1 packages of of Batter Mix.
- You need 1/2 pints of Water.
- It’s 1 of Lime.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1/2 pints of Cooking oil.
- You need 1 dash of of Mixed Herbs.
Increase heat to high and add the prawns and chilli. Stir quickly and keep turning prawns in the pan. Cilantro Lime Shrimp – best shrimp recipe ever made with cilantro, lime & garlic on a sizzling skillet. I made this sizzling cilantro lime shrimp on a hot cast-iron skillet that looks and tastes like it's straight from the best Mexican restaurant in town.
Lime fried prawns instructions
- Unfreeze Prawns if frozen, grab a bowl and crack egg into batter mix.
- Add water and mix/batter for 45 seconds or until a good mix has been created.
- Place oil in saucepan or wok and heat until the oil starts pooping slightly..
- Add Prawns to batter and cover generously with the batter mix.
- Add a few dashes of mixed herbs to Prawns (now covered in batter mix).
- Cautiously place Prawns into saucepan/wok and leave to fry for 4-6 minutes on a medium to high level..
- Cut lime in half and slice one half.
- Once Prawns are looking slightly golden brown, take out of saucepan/wok and place in a bowl..
- Squeeze the uncut half of the lime over Prawns while they are still sizzling.
- Place afew slices of the cut lime around the bowl for good presentation.
We eat a lot of Thai food, so the ingredients really caught my eye. The only changes I made this time were: substituted one of the tbl of veg oil with sesame oil, prawns instead of chicken, reserved one of the tbl of cilantro and sprinkled it on top of the rice to serve, and squeezed fresh lime over the entire dish. A quick prawn recipe loaded with BIG flavours! Seared prawns smothered in a spicy, sticky Asian sauce, these Asian Chilli Garlic Prawns will have you smacking your lips in utter satisfaction, feeling like you've just dined at a fancy modern Thai restaurant. A big bucket of cooked prawns is a staple for an Aussie Christmas.