Key Lime Pie.
You can have Key Lime Pie using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Key Lime Pie
- You need 28 oz of Sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 5 of Egg yolks plus one whole egg.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Key lime juice.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Graham cracker crumbs.
- It’s 1 cup of Chopped pecans.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 pints of Heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1 stick of Melted butter.
Key Lime Pie instructions
- Place egg yolks plus one whole egg in large mixing bowl. Whisk for a couple of minutes until frothy. Add 2 14 oz cans sweetened condensed milk to eggs. Also, add Key lime juice here. Continue to whisk until smooth. Pour into prepared pie shell. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Let cool. I put in refrigerator overnight and add whipped cream toppling the next day. But you can top the pie after it cools down..
- Prepare pie crust. Place graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, brown sugar, and pecans in food processor. Pulse to mix ingredients. Do not over mix as the pecans will break up too much. I like to have chunks of pecans in my pie shell. Pour this mixture into 9" pie pan. Pour melted butter over mixture. Mix thoroughly and form around the pie pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes..
- Topping. In mixer whip the cream until it is very stiff. Add sugar after stuff peaks are formed to assure maximum stiffness. I use a decorator piping tool to cover the entire pie. You can simply pour topping over pie and spread if you like..
- Place completed pie in refrigerator overnight for best results..
- Some people like to add the zest of one lime finely chopped into the pie. Others will add the zest sprinkled over the topping. I do not add the zest to mine..
- Chop zest of 1 lime very fine. Then soak zest in the juice of this lime plus 1 tbsp of sugar for about 15 mins. Drain, squeeze as much liquid off as possible. Then sprinkle over top of pie for yummy garnish..