Key Lime Pound Cake.
You can cook Key Lime Pound Cake using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Key Lime Pound Cake
- It’s of batter.
- It’s 1 cup of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shortening – I used 1 cup.
- It’s 3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 6 of large eggs.
- Prepare 3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of lime zest.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- Prepare of glaze.
- Prepare 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Key Lime Pound Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°. Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition..
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and 1\8 tsp. salt. Add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla, lime zest, and lime juice. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch (12-cup) tube pan..
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack..
- Prepare Key Lime Glaze, and immediately brush over top and sides of cake. Cool completely (about 1 hour)..
- Whisk together powdered sugar, fresh Key lime juice, and vanilla until smooth. Use immediately..