Mexican Bean Burgers with a Lime Yoghurt. Heat the grill to high heat. Tip the beans into a large bowl, then roughly crush with a potato masher. While the burgers are cooking, mix the remaining coriander leaves with the yogurt, lime juice and a good grind of black pepper.
Ditch the meat and try one of our veggie burger recipes at your next barbecue, or for a filling midweek meal. Mexican bean burgers with lime yogurt & salsa. Super-tasty veggie burgers made from protein-rich black beans, peanuts and a handful of oats. You can have Mexican Bean Burgers with a Lime Yoghurt using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Bean Burgers with a Lime Yoghurt
- It’s 2 can of Kidney Beans.
- It’s 100 grams of Breadcrumbs.
- You need 2 tsp of Mild chilli powder.
- It’s 1 bunch of Fresh Coriander.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- You need 200 grams of Salsa (incl. extra).
- Prepare 150 grams of Yoghurt.
- You need 1/2 of Lime (juiced).
- You need 6 of Wholemeal Burger Buns.
Serve with avocado and tomato salsa. Add remaining beans and pulse just once or twice, so they stay a little chunky. One bite of this Spicy Black Bean Burgers with Chipotle Mayonnaise served with creamy avocado and you In a medium bowl, mash beans with a fork until thick and pasty. In a food processor Topped a cooked burger with a little avocado and a poached egg.
Mexican Bean Burgers with a Lime Yoghurt instructions
- Rinse beans and add to a bowl, then crush with a potato masher. Heat the grill to high. Add the bread crumbs, chilli powder, coriander stalks and 1/2 the leaves, egg and 2tbsp of salsa and season to taste. Mix together well..
- Divide the mixture into 6, wet your hands and shape into burgers. (If you want to freeze them do so now) the place them on a non-stick baking tray and grill for 4-5 mins on each side.
- To make the lime yoghurt, place the yoghurt in a bowl adding black pepper and remaining coriander leaves with yoghurt and also add the lime juice.
- Arrange the burger buns and top with any salad to the buns. Place the burgers onto the buns and add the remaining salsa on top and also the lime yoghurt.
- If want to cook them from frozen bake in oven at 200°C fan 180°C for 20/30 mins..
Kind of like a naked mexican eggs Benedict! These Vegan Black Bean Burgers are one of my favourites. They have become a reader favourite too and this recipe does consistently well, all year round. These Mexican bean burgers are brilliant vegetarian alternatives to beef burgers and a great way of getting the kids involved in the kitchen. For this recipe Preheat the grill to high.