Homemade Key Lime Pie.
You can have Homemade Key Lime Pie using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Key Lime Pie
- You need of Pie Crust:.
- It’s 1 cup of Granulated Graham Crackers.
- It’s 1 stick of of Butter (Melted).
- You need 3/4 cup of Brown Sugar (Can also use White Sugar if Preferred).
- Prepare of Pie Filling:.
- You need 5 of Egg Yolks.
- You need 1 of 14oz Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of Key Lime Zest.
- It’s 1 cup of Key Lime Juice (I used 1/2 Cup Fresh Key Lime Juice & 1/2 Cup Simply Limeade Juice).
- You need of Topping/Decoration:.
- Prepare 4 of Key Limes Sliced in Halves.
Homemade Key Lime Pie step by step
- Pre-Heat the Oven to 350°.
- Mix Granulated Graham Crackers, Melted Butter, & Sugar Using Your Hands. Mix Until Graham Cracker Crumbs are Fully Coated With the Butter and Sugar (Should Have the Consistency of Sand)..
- Dump Graham Cracker Mixture Into a 9 inch Baking Dish. Spread the Mixture Evenly, Coating the Entire Dish (Pushing the Mixture Up the Sides of the Dish As Well..
- Place Dish Into the Oven and Bake for 10 Minutes. Take the Dish Out and Place on Cooling Rack..
- Meanwhile, Mix Egg Yolks on Medium Speed Until Fluffy in Consistency (About 2 Minutes). Slowly Add Condensed Milk and Key Lime Juice Until Mixture is the Consistency of a Thick Cream. Add Lime Zest..
- Pour Mixture Into Graham Cracker Crust Baking Dish. Bake for 15 Minutes (or Until Filling No Longer Jiggles)..
- Place Pie on Cooling Rack to Cool. Place in Refrigerator for an Hour or More ( Preferably Overnight)..
- Garnish Pie With Sliced Limes & Serve!.