Avocado Soup with Chicken and Lime. Thin strips of chicken breast are simmered in broth with jalapenos, onion, garlic and lime and then combined with avocado and topped with crisp corn tortilla strips in this spicy soup. A soup that's incredibly easy, deliciously fresh, and brimming with flavorful chicken and plenty of those addictive avocados. Easy Chicken Soup with Fresh Avocado.
The avocado adds a creaminess and richness to the light broth and is naturally. Chicken Avocado Soup is a great broth based soup to make for lunch or dinner any time of the year, it's light and delicious but will still fill you up! freshly squeezed lime juice is the best option for this chicken avocado soup recipe, it's worth the effort! If you want to add some optional toppings then. You can cook Avocado Soup with Chicken and Lime using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Avocado Soup with Chicken and Lime
- Prepare 4 of (6 inch) corn tortillas, julienned.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of white onion sliced thin.
- Prepare 8 of garlic cloves sliced thin.
- You need 4 of fresh jalapeno sliced.
- Prepare 8 oz of fresh chicken breast thin chunks.
- You need 1 quart of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice.
- You need 1 of tomato seeded diced.
- You need of salt & pepper.
- It’s 1 of avocado – peeled, pitted and diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro.
Chicken avocado lime soup is chicken noodle-ish in the sense that it is a clear broth and has shredded chicken. But, you know, without any noodles. And with a bunch of other delicious ingredients that take the flavor of the broth in a whole other delicious direction. This Chicken and Lime Soup was inspired by a trip to a Mexican restaurant where I had the most amazing tangy Caldo Xochitl.
Avocado Soup with Chicken and Lime step by step
- Preheat oven 400.
- Arrange tortilla strips on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes..
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion, garlic and jalapenos in olive oil until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in chicken, chicken broth, lime juice, tomato, salt and pepper. Gently simmer until chicken is cooked, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in avocado and cilantro and heat through. Adjust seasonings..
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with tortilla strips to serve.
For me, topping soup with lots of stuff is half the fun, and you have a lot of topping options with this one. I wrote avocado into the recipe because I really feel like that. Tortilla Soup, Spicy Chicken Lime Soup, Small Batch Italian Wedding Soup, Creamy Red Lentil Carrot Soup, Butternut Squash Minestrone Soup and Recipes must adhere to the AHA nutrition criteria. The official hashtag for the event is #addavocado. A lightly flavored chicken broth with chunks of avocado, tomato and onion, Chicken Avocado Soup is the perfect springtime or summer entree.