Chicken and Lime Soup with Avocado. Thin strips of chicken breast are simmered in broth with jalapenos, onion, garlic and lime and then combined with avocado and topped with crisp corn tortilla strips in this spicy soup. A soup that's incredibly easy, deliciously fresh, and brimming with flavorful chicken and plenty of those addictive avocados. Easy Chicken Soup with Fresh Avocado.
The avocado adds a creaminess and richness to the light broth and is naturally. Chicken avocado lime soup is chicken noodle-ish in the sense that it is a clear broth and has shredded chicken. But, you know, without any noodles. You can cook Chicken and Lime Soup with Avocado using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Lime Soup with Avocado
- It’s 6 of corn tortillas, juilienned.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 medium of white onion, diced.
- Prepare 8 clove of garlic, chopped.
- You need 4 of boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 1/2 quart of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- It’s 1 of tomato, seeded and diced.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro plus extra for garnish.
- It’s 1 of avocado, diced and tossed in a bit of lime or lemon juice.
And with a bunch of other delicious ingredients that take the flavor of the broth in a whole other delicious direction. This Chicken and Lime Soup was inspired by a trip to a Mexican restaurant where I had the most amazing tangy Caldo Xochitl. For me, topping soup with lots of stuff is half the fun, and you have a lot of topping options with this one. I wrote avocado into the recipe because I really feel like that.
Chicken and Lime Soup with Avocado instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Baked tortilla strips until lightly browned and crispy, 3-5 minutes..
- In a large sauce pot cook onion and garlic in the oil until browned, 4-5 minutes..
- Add chicken, chicken broth, lime juice, tomato, salt and pepper. Gently simmer until chicken is fully cooked..
- Add cilantro and season to taste..
- Serve topped with avocado, cilantro and crispy tortilla stripes. I like a bit of extra fresh tomatoes as well..
Serve the soup topped with the crisp tortilla strips. A lightly flavored chicken broth with chunks of avocado, tomato and onion, Chicken Avocado Soup is the perfect springtime or summer entree. Season, bake and shred chicken, and add to Kitchen Basics® Organic Chicken Stock with avocado, green onion and lime juice. Add avocado; stir gently to combine. MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options.