Mexican Beef, Lime & Tortilla Soup.
You can cook Mexican Beef, Lime & Tortilla Soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Beef, Lime & Tortilla Soup
- Prepare 1 of Olive oil for cooking.
- You need 1 large of onion, diced.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, crushed-peeled-chopped.
- You need 1 medium of green capsicum, diced.
- You need 500 grams of Ground beef.
- It’s 2 tsp of Ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dried oregano.
- Prepare 3 medium of tomatoes, diced.
- It’s 6 of Soft corn tortillas.
- It’s 1 of Litre chicken stock.
- It’s 1 of Juice of 2 lime.
- You need 1/4 cup of Fresh chopped coriander.
- You need 1 of Sea salt flakes- good pinch.
- It’s 1 of Cracked black pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Sprinkle of turmeric.
Mexican Beef, Lime & Tortilla Soup step by step
- Heat oil in a large pot and cook onion and garlic until onion is soft and browning..
- Add Capsicum and mince, cook for another 5 minutes (stirring occasionaly) until beef is slightly browned..
- Add spices and cook for another minute, stirring all the while. Add dried oregano, tomato and stock- bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes..
- While the soup simmers, chop 4 of the tortillas into pieces about 2.5cm squared, then stir into the soup along with lime or lemon juice and a good pinch of sea salt. Simmer for a further 5mins- then stir in fresh chopped coriander..
- For a nice garnish I sliced up a couple of the tortillas into 5mm strips, sprayed with olive oil, sprinkled with some tumeric and baked on high heat for around 10 mins- turning once. I removed from the oven and layed them on paper towel to let crispy up..
- Spoon into bowls with crispy turmeric tortilla chips in the centre. Very nice!.