Fish tacos with avocado lime sauce. Who knew fish tacos could be so flavorful and delicious without the fishy-ness. an avocado/lime/cilantro/honey based vegan sauce that I got from a vegan black bean taco recipe from. A super simple blackened fish taco recipe served with a creamy avocado lime sauce to drizzle on top. Firm white fish is coated with a spicy seasoning This fish taco recipe is inspired by a food adventure just south of the border in Baja California, Mexico.
Use it as a dip for veggies, as a salad dressing or drizzle it on salmon or chicken! Delicious, flavorful avocado lime sauce made with creamy avocado, greek yogurt, fresh cilantro, garlic, and lime juice. Baja-style fish tacos get a blackened cajun fix cooled off with an avocado cilantro tartar sauce and cabbage for a fast and easy taco meal. You can have Fish tacos with avocado lime sauce using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fish tacos with avocado lime sauce
- It’s 1 lb of mahi mahi fish filets (any fish really).
- It’s 1 of lime and zest of lime.
- Prepare 1 of avocado.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh cilantro.
- You need 1 cup of red cabbage.
- It’s 1 cup of green cabbage.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of serrano pepper.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 8 (6 inch) of flour or corn tortilla.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of lime juice.
I used McCormick's Original Tartar Sauce for Seafood as the base and added an avocado spiked with cilantro and thinned it with a bit of lime juice. Fish Tacos with Avocado Sauce. "I grew up in Alaska where halibut was readily available for recipes like this. A good friend, who normally doesn't eat fish, went back for fourth helpings of these flavorful tacos." —Cortney Claeson, Spokane, Washington. A super simple and flavorful recipe for blackened mahi mahi fish tacos that you won't need to head to Mexico to enjoy!
Fish tacos with avocado lime sauce instructions
- Combine sour cream, avocado, cilantro, 1 tbsp lime juice, lime zest, jalapeno and serrano pepper in a blender; process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate..
- Combine paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, cumin and chili pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle seasoning evenly over both sides of the fish filets..
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness..
- Combine tomatoes, red and green cabbage and cilantro in a bowl. Cut a wedge of lime and lightly sqeeze over slaw. Toss slaw adding salt and pepper to taste. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish evenly among tortillas and cover with the slaw..
Easy fish tacos recipe with a chipotle lime marinade, avocado crema, and a crunchy jalapeno slaw topping. What is the best fish to use for Fish Tacos? I used tilapia for my fish taco recipe, but any mild white fish would. Avocado Sauce – Avocado, yogurt, cilantro, and lime juice combine to make the BEST fish taco sauce that can easily be made from scratch. Blackened Fish Tacos are paired with a refreshing cilantro, lime, and avocado sauce for an epic taco flavor combo!