Creamy rice cilantro lime. This Cilantro Lime Dressing has incredible flavor and only requires a handful of ingredients. It's a fresh, creamy and balanced dressing that elevates any salad. My favorite thing about avocados is their creamy texture and the fact that they are a super healthy source of fat.
And of course, you can make your own burrito bowl, with my quick black bean recipe, barbacoa beef, sweet barbacoa pork, pork carnitas, or chicken ropa vieja In a medium bowl, combine chopped cilantro, lime juice, rice and remaining oil and toss until completely mixed. This Cilantro Lime Avocado Rice is also very versatile – add some tomatoes and/or corn to simmer with your rice, stir in some cheese when its all Wrap it all up in a taco, burrito or use as the base of taco salad. Stir in the cilantro and immediately remove from heat. You can cook Creamy rice cilantro lime using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy rice cilantro lime
- You need 2 cups of uncooked Basmati rice.
- Prepare 3 cups of vegetable broth.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of white or yellow onion.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic more if you prefer.
- You need of Olive oil to sauté.
- Prepare of Zest and juice from two limes.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of cilantro washed and stems removed so you just are using the leafy part.
- Prepare 1 can of evaporated milk or heavy cream.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Butter to season.
- Prepare of Shredded cheddar cheese for top if you like.
Are you tired of the same old Mexican rice? Try this Avocado Cilantro Lime Rice- this rice is AMAZING! so creamy and it tastes like guacamole! very easy to. cooked white rice. Serve chicken over white rice, spooning more sauce over each breast. Garnish with more cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Creamy rice cilantro lime step by step
- Cook first three ingredients on stove just like you are cooking rice with package directions, but use the vegetable broth and water..
- Above picture is how mine turned out Then allow to cool.
- In sauté pan, sweat onions and garlic.
- Add to that lime zest and cilantro. Looks like this when done.
- Cook just a liitle longer and add all juice from the two limes.
- Once the sautéed mixture has cooled a bit, place all in a food processor or blender.
- Once in food processor, blend slowly and start adding the milk, or cream if you choose, to the onion and cilantro mixture. Mine came out like this.
- Now take the cooled cooked rice, put in a casserole dish for the oven large enough for all ingredients.
- The combine all together in a prepared casserole dish. Stir in some shredded cheddar cheese if you like and maybe some pads of butter. I like to add some cheddar cheese to the top and a little Panko for crunch. This is what mine looked like just before the oven.
- Cook in center of oven 350 degrees for about 15 – 20 minutes done. Enjoy..
Cilantro lime rice is one of our favorite side dishes, we make it all of the time and it is always a winner! You will love this jazzed up rice recipe! Cilantro lime rice is a great side dish to any Mexican meal. We often serve it with enchiladas, burritos, tostadas, fajitas, and tacos. It is simple to make and pairs.