Key Lime Pie. Key lime pie is an American dessert pie made of Key lime juice, egg yolks, and sweetened condensed milk in a pie crust. The traditional Conch version uses the egg whites to make a meringue topping. This key lime pie filling has sour cream and sweetened condensed milk and is perfect for your favorite homemade graham Nutritional Information.
Recipe courtesy of Joe's Stone Crab. Cut the pie into wedges and serve very cold, topping each wedge with a large dollop of whipped cream. Key Lime Pie is a summer classic! You can have Key Lime Pie using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Key Lime Pie
- Prepare of Crust :.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Graham cracker crumbs.
- Prepare 6 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s 1/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s of Filling :.
- You need 4 oz. of cream cheese, softened to room temperature.
- It’s 4 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 can (14 oz.) of sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of key lime juice.
- You need of zest of 1 lime (optional, for more of a tart flavor).
This easy recipe features a graham cracker crust and a creamy filling that mixes together in just a couple of minutes. The Best Key Lime Pie recipe EVER! You won't be able to stop at just one slice. This Easy Key Lime Pie with a simple graham cracker crust is a dessert favorite!
Key Lime Pie step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9" pie pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside..
- Before getting started, if you're using fresh key limes for your pie, go ahead and squeeze them first. 1 lb. fresh key limes yields about 1/2 cup of juice. Strain any pulp or seeds out..
- Start by making the crust. If you're using whole Graham crackers, then you need about 10 sheets to yield 1 1/2 cups. Either pulse them in a food processer for a few seconds or place them in a gallon sized Ziploc bag and crush them using a rolling pin..
- Mix the Graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar all together in a large bowl until combined and resembling a coarse, sandy mixture. Then, pour the crust mixture into the prepared pie pan and pack the crumbs around the pan and up the sides. I use the back of a small, metal dry measuring cup, but you can use your fingers to do this. Just make sure to pack the crumbs together well..
- Bake the crust for 12 minutes. While it's baking, start to prepare the pie filling. Once the 12 minutes are up, remove the crust from the oven, but leave the oven on..
- Using either a hand mixer or a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until smooth, about 1 minute. Beat in the egg yolks and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed..
- Beat in the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and lime zest (if using). Pour the filling into the warm crust..
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until the sides are very lightly browned. Its ok if the center still has a slight jiggle..
- Allow the pie to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then transfer it to the fridge and chill for at least 4 hours, before slicing and serving. Pie should be served chilled..
- Keep any leftovers stored, covered, in the fridge for up to 3 says..
It is perfectly tart, creamy, and smooth! Key Lime Pie is one of my husband's favorite pies. For years, I professed that I didn't particularly care for it. I always thought they were a bit too dense and either too tart or not tart enough. This Classic Key Lime Pie features an easy homemade graham cracker crust, a smooth and creamy key lime pie filling, and homemade whipped cream on top.