Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting.
You can have Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- You need 1 box of your favorite white or yellow cake mix.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz.) of can coconut milk (well shaken to incorporate the cream with the liquid).
- You need 2-3 of eggs (depending on what your box mix calls for).
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- You need of zest of 1 lime (remember to zest before juicing! ;)).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Prepare of another lime for zesting atop cupcakes.
- You need of Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2531254-coconut-cream-cheese-frosting.
Coconut Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting instructions
- Make your cupcakes according to box instructions REPLACING the water with an amount of coconut milk equal to the amount of water indicated on the box PLUS an additional 1/4 cup coconut milk. Don't forget to add the zest of 1 lime and 1 Tablespoon of fresh squeezed lime juice to the batter as well..
- While your cupcakes are cooling, make the Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting. Copy and paste this in your URL bar to get that recipe: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2531254-coconut-cream-cheese-frosting.
- Frost your cupcakes as usual and then take a microplane or very fine grater and top the cupcakes with just a little bit of fresh lime zest. Frosted cake should be refrigerated until no less than 30 minutes before serving..
- Enjoy! :).