Crispy Baby Shrimps with Kaffir Lime Leaf. An essential ingredient for cooking authentic Thai food. An important ingredient in soups such as Tom Yum, Tom Kha Soup The strong scented leaves have lovely fresh lemon flavor. The leaves can be torn, chopped or shredded and used in soups and curries.
They are a great addition to spicy soups and curries. Asam gelugor (asam keping) Asam jawa (tamarind) Belachan (shrimp paste) bunga kantan (torch ginger) Buah keras (candle nuts) Cincaluk (fermented baby shrimps). Kaffir lime leaves are thick, dark green and shiny on the top, porous and pale on the back. You can have Crispy Baby Shrimps with Kaffir Lime Leaf using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crispy Baby Shrimps with Kaffir Lime Leaf
- Prepare 100 g of Baby Shrimp.
- You need 100 g of Tempura Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 pcs of Kaffir Lime Leaf (finely julienne).
- It’s of Little Salt and Pepper.
- You need 1 cup of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Ready Chili Dip.
A leaf has two connecting leaves which I call 'double leaves'. Kaffir lime leaves are too tough to just eat, so they're either kept large and reserved, or sliced thin. Many Thai recipes call for the kaffir lime leaves. Kaffir lime leaves contain some antioxidants.
Crispy Baby Shrimps with Kaffir Lime Leaf instructions
- Prepare flour mixture by mixing tempura flour, water, salt and pepper then mix well. Texture is lightly thick liquid..
- Add shrimp and Kaffir lime leaf julienne and mix well..
- Heat oil by using medium heat. Pour shrimp mixture into hot oil and spread flat dia 2-3 inch..
- Fry until it has golden color and crispy. And put it on oil towel to absorb oil. Then put in serving plate with Chili Dip..
- Tip : texture is crispy and taste is little salty and scent of Kaffir lime leaf. Good for appetizer and snack. You can change to other vegetables instead of Kaffir Lime Leaf, such as Holly Basil, Sweet Basil or if you like spicy then add chopped chili and little drop of lime/lemon juice..
- Enjoy your cooking..
They also contain limonene and citronellol, which both contribute to the flavor and fragrance of the leaves Kaffir lime leaves can be used in both raw and cooked preparations such as boiling, steaming, and sautéing. They can be used fresh, dried, or from a. Applications of kaffir lime juice and leaves are considered quite beneficial for proper hair care. You can apply decoctions and mixtures to the scalp and hair to slow the start of male pattern baldness and strengthen the follicles of the hair. This can also moisturize the skin to prevent dandruff and improves.