Divine Key Lime Pie 💚. Cool and creamy Key lime pie is a tangy, sweet treat. Sample best-of-the-best variations, all from Food Network stars. This pie is tasty no matter how you slice it.
And any Key lime pie worth its weight—and taste—is made with sweetened. Garnish each piece with a slice of lime and a dollop of whipped cream or whipped topping if you like. Enter: this crowd-pleasing Key lime slab pie recipe. You can have Divine Key Lime Pie 💚 using 13 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Divine Key Lime Pie 💚
- Prepare of — Crust —.
- It’s of ~ 15 graham crackers.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of Granulated Sugar (45 ml).
- It’s 70 g of butter.
- You need of — Filling —.
- Prepare 400 g of Sweetened condensed milk (1 can).
- It’s 4 of Egg yolks.
- You need of ~ 115 g Lime juice (from 3 limes).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Lime zest (from grating the limes we just juiced).
- It’s of — Whipped Top — (Optional).
- You need 170 g of Heavy cream.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Powder sugar (30 ml).
Stunning enough to be the centerpiece at a brunch or bridal shower, this delicious summertime favorite captures all of the flavors of classic Key lime pie with the added surprise of pink strawberry-infused whipped cream topping. Key lime pie has been a Southern favorite dessert for more than a century, and anyone who can't resist that cool, creamy texture knows why. A true Key lime pie shouldn't be bright, faux green but instead a soft yellow. Many recipes are nestled in a buttery cracker, graham cracker, or even vanilla wafer crust—the crunchy exterior is up to your taste.
Divine Key Lime Pie 💚 step by step
- Start here if you're making the crust yourself. For a store-bought crust, skip to step 9.
- Melt the butter and allow to cool..
- In a large food processor or blender, combine the graham crackers, sea salt, and sugar..
- Mix them up for around 30 seconds..
- Add the butter and continue mixing it until it's uniform. If it looks really watery add another graham cracker or two..
- For the pie, your pan should be ~20cm. If you have a pie pan or springform pan, then skip this step. Otherwise if you're using a cake pan, press aluminium foil inside to the edges. This will allow us to lift the pie out easier later..
- Push your graham cracker mixture into the bottom and edge of the pan, and don't worry about getting your hands dirty 🙂 Then put the crust in the fridge for 10 minutes. (Don't use cling-film on the top, or it will steam).
- Take out of the fridge, and bake at 190C (~320F) for 15 minutes ^3^.
- Separate the eggs, and save the yolks. You can use the whites for something else later..
- In your food processor/ blender blend the filling ingredients (condensed milk, egg yolks, lime juice, lime zest), scraping the sides every 5 seconds or so. (Until it's smooth).
- Wait for the crust to have cooled down from the oven, and then pour your filling on top of the crust..
- Bake in the oven for 14 minutes at 160C (320F). When it's ready the filling will be a little jiggly, but not wet. Add a minute or two if necessary..
- Remove from the oven, and allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours (cover with cling-film in the fridge this time)..
- At this point, it's ready to eat, but you can add the whipped cream topping as well for more deliciousness. (Recommended!).
- Mix the icing sugar and the cream in a bowl, and beat for several minutes until the cream is firm, and holds its shape when you remove the beaters.
- Spread evenly over the top of the pie, and enjoy on a hot summer day 😊🥧.
Recipes like this Key Lime Pie. That incredible combination of tart and sweet is absolutely irresistible and will make this pie a family favorite, guaranteed. I didn't squeeze a bunch of key limes for this pie. This is an easy key lime pie recipe, after all 🙂 I used key lime juice. If key limes aren't available in your grocery store, look for bottled key lime juice near the other bottled lime juices.