Honey lime chicken. It's absolutely moist, juicy, tender and utterly delicious. The honey, lime, soy sauce and garlic marinade do wonders to the chicken. The end result is sticky sweet, savory and citrusy chicken that you will be begging for more.
This dish is one of our go-to's when we're low on ingredients since we've got a lime tree in our backyard. Delicious spiced rubbed chicken cooked to tender and juicy perfection. It gets glazed with the most amazing honey lime sauce and is sure to be a huge hit! You can cook Honey lime chicken using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Honey lime chicken
- Prepare 8 of chicken thighs bone in skin on.
- Prepare of chili powder.
- You need of cumin.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of soy sauce.
- You need 2 of limes 1 juiced 1 sliced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic minced.
Maybe I am a little obsessed with quick and easy skillet meals lately. But if you lived one day in my life lately you would understand why.… Turn chicken, so that skins sides are up and add lime-honey mixture to the skillet. While cooking, covered, chicken thighs will release their own juices, as well. Remove to a serving platter; keep warm.
Honey lime chicken instructions
- Pre heat oven to 375.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper on chicken and coat tops and bottoms of chicken thighs..
- Bake for about 1 hour till chicken is nice and brown and skin is crispy. Brush on a little olive oil about halfway through baking..
- In a heavy high sided skillet add honey, soy sauce, lime juice and garlic and a pinch of salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil and add chicken and a few lime slices and spoon on sauce and cook till sauce is thickened and reduced and spoon on some more sauce till ready to serve..
In a small bowl, combine honey, lime juice, soy sauce, cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice; pour into skillet. Incredibly flavorful Honey Lime Garlic Chicken is pan-seared for a crispy outside and baked for a juicy, tender center. The sweet and tangy lime-honey marinade is simmered on the stovetop and then used as a sauce to baste and glaze the chicken. After that, the lime juice starts to overpower everything. We also added our famous cilantro lime rice, which is a cinch to make and adds more substance to the burrito.