Key Lime Pie.
You can cook Key Lime Pie using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Key Lime Pie
- Prepare of Graham Cracker Crust*.
- It’s of crushed graham crackers (roughly 12 full crackers).
- It’s of melted butter.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of Pie Filling*.
- Prepare of & 1/2 tbsp key lime zest (save a pinch for garnish).
- Prepare of egg yolks.
- Prepare of can of sweetened and condensed milk.
- It’s of key lime juice (or however much you can get from 1lb).
- Prepare of Whipped Cream*.
- You need of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s of powered sugar.
- You need of vanilla extract.
Key Lime Pie step by step
- Mix together melted butter, crushed graham crackers, sugar and salt.
- Spread your graham cracker mixture evenly into your pie dish to build your crust. Make sure to press down to flatten out the crumbs..
- Bake pie crust for 10 minutes in a 350° oven..
- Next using an electric mixer, blend together your egg yolks and key lime zest until fluffy (be sure to save a few pinches of zest for your garnish at the end!).
- Blend in sweetened and condensed milk until smooth.
- Lastly..mix in your hard earned key lime juice!.
- Pour your mixture over your graham cracker crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- For the whipped cream, add all ingredients into a bowl and mix for several minutes using an electric mixer. Mix until smooth and fluffy!.
- Let your pie chill for at least 2 hours before adding your whipped cream. I like to let it get to room temperature and THEN put it into the fridge until it's nice and cold..
- Add whipped cream and garnish with lime zest! Enjoy!.