Key lime cheese pie. Combine cookie or graham cracker crumbs with butter or margarine. Key Lime Cheesecake in the past with a recipe from Emeril Legasse. It takes a long time and is a much more involved recipe, I just didn't feel like taking half a day to make it.
Make crust: In a large bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and salt until totally combined. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheeses, sugar substitute, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. You can have Key lime cheese pie using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Key lime cheese pie
- Prepare of Crust:.
- Prepare 1 of sleeve of graham crackers, 10-15 vanilla sandwich cookies, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/2 stick of butter or margarine.
- You need of Filling:.
- Prepare 2 (8 oz) of packages full fat cream cheese.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of key lime juice.
- It’s 14 oz of can sweetened condensed milk.
Stir in the sour cream, lime juice, vanilla, lime zest and food coloring if desired. If you love cheesecake, you'll love the filling for this pie. It's just like the one I used for the lemon bars mentioned above. It's the exact same, only with key lime instead of lemon.
Key lime cheese pie instructions
- In a ziplock bag with a rolling pin or in a food processor grind the graham crackers and cookies down to crumbs. Add sugar, stir. Add melted butter and stir til all crumbs are coated and put into a pie dish. I use my trusty metal 1 cup measure, sprayed with Pam, to tamp down the crust. I do t like mine baked..
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar with a mixer. Mix til smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk and key lime juice and mix til smooth. Pour into prepared crust and refrigerate for 2-3 hours OR put in the freezer for about an hour then put in fridge..
Keep in mind this is not a traditional key lime pie. There are no massive amounts of sweetened condensed milk in this recipe. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the milk, lime juice and vanilla; beat until smooth. This easy mousse-like treat blends the tartness of Key lime pie with the richness of cheesecake.