Lime Chicken Adobo. Toss roasted shredded chicken breasts with south-of-the-border flavors like adobo sauce, lime, and cilantro for these easy chicken-and-broccoli slaw tacos. Chicken Adobo – crazy delicious Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe made in one pot. Chicken Abodo is a perfect dinner for the entire family.
Adobo, a marinade from the Philippines will give your chicken a twist. We've given it a Traeger twist by using it on chicken, for shish kebabs, and Traeger grilling it which adds. Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. You can have Lime Chicken Adobo using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lime Chicken Adobo
- Prepare of fresh lime juice.
- It’s of rice wine vinegar.
- You need of soy sauce.
- It’s of garlic, smashed.
- You need of bay leaves.
- It’s of whole black peppercorns.
- Prepare of chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on.
- It’s of honey.
Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender. After quite a few days of plate, after plate, after plate of traditional American comfort food, I decided it was time to cook something with a little different flavor. This Chicken Adobo stew is one of those things. Incredibly simple yet rich in flavour, it I used limes as a substitute in this recipe, just squeeze a little bit of lime juice into.
Lime Chicken Adobo step by step
- Trim any loose skin and as much fat as you can from the chicken thighs. Otherwise, the sauce will be a pool of grease..
- Put all the ingredients except for the honey into a baking dish. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes..
- Put a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Drain the chicken and put it in the pan skin-side down. Let fry for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over and let fry 5 minutes on the other side..
- Add the marinade to the pan along with enough water so the liquid comes about halfway up the chicken. Let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the chicken..
- Stir the honey into the sauce and let reduce until there's only about 1 cup left. Return the chicken to the pan and toss to coat. Plate the chicken. Strain the sauce and serve it on the side with some freshly steamed rice..
Mix minced pepper, adobo, lime juice,garlic, oil and pour half into resealable bag. Season chicken with salt and pepper- sometimes we use season salt or lemon pepper. Place chicken and marinade in a large lidded pot or Dutch oven over high heat and bring to a boil. Seasonings and a splash of lime make this chicken something special, writes Carma Blosser from Livermore, Colorado. This One Pot Lime Chicken and Rice with cilantro is brimming with flavors.