Kafir Lime Tart. Put the sugar, lime juice and Kaffir lime leaves (or lime rind) in a saucepan and heat gently to dissolve the sugar. Kaffir Lime Citrus hystrix, is nutrient dense fruit support for Cancer, Digestive Issues, Stress, oral Aside from its culinary uses, due to its uniquely tart and pleasant flavor, kaffir lime is also highly. Remove the fruit purée from the freezer at the very last minute, turn it out and cut into little pieces.
Kaffir lime is the common name of Citrus hystrix, a tropical fruit that is native to various parts of Asia, including Indonesia, Thailand, and the Philippines. Aside from its culinary uses, due to its uniquely tart. Kaffir limes need a warm, temperate to tropical climate. You can cook Kafir Lime Tart using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kafir Lime Tart
- You need of Biscuit Base.
- It’s of digestive biscuits.
- It’s of brown sugar.
- You need of melted butter.
- You need of Lime Curd.
- Prepare of condensed milk.
- It’s of freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Prepare of heaped tbsp of lime zest.
- Prepare of egg yolks.
They prefer hot summers and mild They're strongly-flavoured juice makes them perfect for flavouring food such as a kaffir lime and coconut tart. The tart shells are made from store-bought puff pastry shells. You can also use phyllo tart shells or any pre-baked store-bought shell. Or skip the puff pastry and whipped cream and smear it onto toast.
Kafir Lime Tart step by step
- Pound or blend biscuits. Add in sugar and butter to form moist crumbs..
- Line side of pie dish. I used a 18cm pie dish and had leftover crumbs and curd to make 5 more muffin sized tarts. It's really up to you if u want to line the sides of the pie. I tried both and equally delicious. The pie crust will help to cut away some of the acidity..
- Bake the base for 15min at 180deg.
- Whisk egg yolks till light and fluffy..
- Add in condensed milk slowly, followed by lime juice and zest..
- Pour into tart base or muffin trays. Curd won't really expand much. So you may fill to the top..
- Lick the spoon and bowl! It's reallly soooo gooood that you can take the risk of contracting salmonella from the raw egg yolks. Lol.
- Bake for 15-20min in 180deg oven till just set or when curd is slightly wobbly when shaken..
- Cool to room temp on wire rack then transfer to fridge. You may eat at room temp if you prefer it with a stronger lime taste.!.
- Optional: you may serve with thinly sliced lime garnish, or whipped cream. If you are gung-ho enough. Whip up the egg whites with some sugar to form a meringue and bake together with the tart!.
Kaffir-Lime Coconut-Macaroon Tarts. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility. A delicious tangy Lime Meringue Tart recipe, from David Lebovitz, pastry chef-author of The Sweet Life in Paris & My Paris Kitchen. Unlike other limes, the kaffir lime has very little juice. Citrus mitis, commonly known as kalamansi, calamondin, or musk lime, is a very tart lime that is widely used in Philippine cuisine. Kaffir lime leaves are useful in many ways!