(no key) lime pie. This key lime pie filling has sour cream and sweetened condensed milk and is perfect for your favorite homemade graham cracker crust. I used a garlic press to squeeze the limes quickly and easily. My easy key lime pie recipe is a summer treasure, internet friends.
It's made with only four ingredients: egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice Key limes (also known as Mexican or West Indies limes) are a small and potent variety of lime with a distinct zesty flavor, and are best for this recipe. This fresh, tart, authentic key lime pie recipe is the same one you'll remember from when you were a kid, and it's a breeze to make — all you need are a few ingredients to blend together! One word of advice: Do not put lime rinds down the disposal. You can have (no key) lime pie using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of (no key) lime pie
- You need of Sable.
- It’s of unsalted butter, cut in small cubed.
- It’s of plain flour.
- You need of icing sugar.
- You need of hazelnut flour (could substitute almonds).
- Prepare of whole eggs.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare of sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare of limes+1 for decoration.
- You need of egg yolks (L).
- Prepare of Either whipping cream or meringue for decorating.
An easy-to-prep NO-BAKE lime cake recipe that is perfect for when you just CANNOT turn your oven on in the summertime. No Bake Key Lime Pie is one of my favorite summer desserts! It requires only a few ingredients and is simple to throw together in minutes. The easiest and BEST Key Lime pie, made with a homemade graham cracker crust or a gingersnap cookie crust!
(no key) lime pie step by step
- Sable: 1in a bowl mix flours, sugar, salt and butter untill it resembles bread crumbs (you can rub it between your hands or use a mixer with paddle attachment) 2 add eggs and bring mixture together untill it starts to form a ball 3 roll out thinly between parchment paper/plastic foil and refrigerate minimum 1 hour 4 butter a pie mold and cut doug to fit. Pierce Bottom with fork (preferably rest dough in freezer) preheat oven to 160°C/320°F and bake for about 15 min.
- Filling: Zest 2/3 limes (preferably in long strands) And juice 4 of the limes Whisk the 4 egg yolks untill light and creamy Add the condensed milk while whisking Add the lime juice little by little Pour the filling in pre baked Shell and bake for about 15 minutes Add the zest, whipped cream and thinly sliced limes on top (You could also candy some zest it Will give a nice crunchy).
It's creamy, luscious and perfectly tart My love for a good homemade pie is no secret! I've shared dozens of my recipes with you all, including pie recipes that have been in my family for. It is located in Key West and called ''The Key Lime Pie Factory''. My intention was to reintroduce the Key Lime Pies in this forum. I Guess No Key Lime Pie Story Would Be Complete Without Saying, "AAHHH", The Magic Of Anita Pelaez And Her Key Lime Pies… Key lime pie is just one of those flavors that screams "summer", don't you think?