Mike's Dragons Breath Salsa.
You can have Mike's Dragons Breath Salsa using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Dragons Breath Salsa
- Prepare 15 large of Habenero Peppers [stems removed – seeds left in].
- It’s 1 large of Bunch Fresh Cilantro [use both leaves and stems].
- You need 3/4 cup of Fine Minced Garlic [+ 1 extra tablespoon].
- It’s 2 large of White Onions.
- You need 2 large of Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of Jalapeños.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Salt & Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Mexican Oregano [crushed].
- You need 1 tsp of Lime Juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth.
- You need 1/4 cup of Olive Oil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1 cup of Of Your Favorite Red Or Green Salsa [it'll help to preserve your salsa for much longer].
- You need 1 can of 10 oz ROTELL With Green Chilies.
- You need 1 can of 16 oz Crushed Tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of 4 oz Green Chilies.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Dried Cilantro [to be added last during steeping].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dried Chives [to be added last during steeping].
- It’s 1 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic [to be added last during steeping].
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Scorpion Chilie Powder [to be added last during steeping].
- It’s 3 tsp of Baking Soda [add 1 teaspoon at a time at finish to reduce acidity].
Mike's Dragons Breath Salsa step by step
- Throw everything in your blender and then place it in a stove pot and simmer in a large pot for about 15 minutes..
- After 15 minutes of simmering while still simmering – add baking soda 1 teaspoon at a time, stir and taste test. Your salsa will foam up but no worries – she'll settle right back down. It'll take away most of acidity caused by the tomatoes and chilies. Turn off heat..
- Lastly, add your 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic, 2 tablespoons dried Cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon Scorpion Powder and 1 tablespoon dried chives. Mix and let that steep for 5 minutes..
- Jar salsa up while is still hot then, refrigerate. Once chilled, serve with sour cream, guacamole and tortilla chips. Attached is a great recipe for guacamole. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/345482-mikes-fiesta-guacamole.