Spicy red lentil soup. This lentil soup is easy to make and tastes incredible! This spicy lentil soup recipe is one of my favorite soups. Dice the tomato and add it to the soup.
Split red lentils cook in minutes, making this a quick weeknight meal. Coriander, fennel and turmeric captured contribute complex spicing without requiring half the spice cabinet. Red lentils break down as they cook, thickening the cooking liquid and providing the ideal texture for this hearty soup. You can cook Spicy red lentil soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy red lentil soup
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- You need 1 of potato.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- Prepare 0.5 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need 2 teaspoons of paprika.
- You need 2 pinches of salt.
- It’s 350 g of red lentils.
- Prepare 1.5 litres of vegan stock.
Spicy Red Lentil Soup – red lentils, carrots and spices will certainly warm you up this winter. Flavorful recipe for Moroccan Spicy Red Lentil Soup comes from Acedarspoon blog. Base of soup is made of red lentils and carrots with addition of warm spices like cinnamon, turmeric, coriander. I would make this recipe again.
Spicy red lentil soup step by step
- Chop the onion, potato and carrot..
- Fry the onion in oil until it starts to brown..
- Add the potato and carrot and fry for a few more minutes stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick..
- Add the spices, salt, garlic and chilli..
- Rinse the lentils and add to the pan along with the stock. Cook over a medium heat for about an hour, until the lentils break apart and the potatoes are soft..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Stir in the red Thai curry paste, depending how hot you want it. Moroccan Red Lentil Soup is a comforting soup recipe. The warm, rich spices of cinnamon, coriander, cumin, paprika and tumeric mix together perfectly to create a flavorful soup. Today I write this post with a heavy heart because of what happened in Boston on Monday. A drizzle of sizzling spiced olive oil gives the soup a final flourish.