Lentil cottage pie. Cottage Pie Self Catering, Clarens Free State. In this cooking video The Wolfe Pit uses Gordon Ramsay's recipe to show you how to make Cottage Pie. An easy twist on a classic cottage pie recipe.
It had everything one would need for a comfortable weekend stay. Cottage Pie accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount. Ground beef and vegetables in a rich gravy topped with loaded. You can have Lentil cottage pie using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lentil cottage pie
- You need 1 tin of lentils.
- Prepare of Carrots.
- It’s of Peas.
- It’s of Mushrooms.
- Prepare of Vegan stock.
- You need of Marmite 1tbl spoon.
- It’s of Garlic.
- You need of Onion.
- It’s of Sweet potatoes.
- It’s of Yeast flakes 3tbl spoons.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Comfort food doesn't get much more classic than this cottage pie, layered with beef mince & buttery mash. See more comfort food recipes at Tesco Real Food. This classic cottage pie recipe is easy to make and would make the perfect family meal packed with minced beef, sweet tomatoes and topped with creamy mash. Cottage pie or shepherd's pie is a type of savory pie.
Lentil cottage pie step by step
- Chop up the carrots and mushrooms I do them small so they cook quicker.
- Fry off the garlic and onions until golden.
- Add the carrots and mushrooms for 5mins.
- Add the vegan stock, lentils, peas, marmite, salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil the sweet potatoes and mash with the yeast flakes..
- Simmer for 5mins before adding in to an oven proof dish.
- Top with mash and bake till bubbling, or even skip the oven part as everything is cooked through as it’s just veg no nasty meat.
It is made with minced meat, with mashed potato on top. It comes from the United Kingdom and Ireland. The dish is now popular worldwide. Cottage Pie is a quiet tribute to solitude and peace, nestling beside a trickling stream amongst indigenous trees at the foot of a magnificent sandstone mountain. Cottage pie and shepherd's pie are traditional methods for using leftover roasted meat In early recipes, the pie dish was lined with mashed potato as well as having a mashed.