Peanut stew (vegan). Peanut stew is a staple food of Western Africa. The actual African name of this insanely tasty stew is This is my vegan version of a quick and easy, one-pot peanut stew containing commonly used. This vegan African Peanut Stew is like eating a hot, bubbling pot of peanut butter with delicious veggies dunked inside.
Keywords: peanut stew, sweet potato peanut stew, sweet potato chickpea stew. Tag @runningonrealfood on Instagram and hashtag it #runningonrealfood. Vegan African Peanut Stew (Slow Cooker)Sweet Peas and Saffron. You can have Peanut stew (vegan) using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Peanut stew (vegan)
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 of red pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare to taste of Cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of sweet potatoes.
- You need 1 squeeze of agave syrup.
- You need 500 g of black eyed beans.
- Prepare 3 of heaped tbsp peanut butter/paste.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 of vegetable pot stock.
- You need 1 handful of fresh spinach.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Black pepper.
- It’s of Be creative and add okra, zucchini, or any of your favourite vegetables.
Although peanut butter is often thought of in conjunction with sweets, this recipe from Angela Liddon's The Oh She Glows Cookbook makes a strong case for enjoying peanuts in a savoury dish. One of the Vegan Recipe Club team recently visited The Gambia and was delighted to find this vegan stew as a national dish. The stew is full of flavor with various spices and healthy veggies to keep you warm and full. Vegan African Peanut Stew with lentils and veggies.
Peanut stew (vegan) instructions
- Prepare all the ingredients..
- Boil a cup of water and add the vegetable stock pot. Cook for a couple of minutes until it’s dissolved, then leave aside..
- In a large pan over high heat, warm the coconut oil. Add the onion and sprinkle with salt and cook for 2 minutes. Following the garlic for another 2 minutes..
- Add the fresh tomato pure (I blended the tomatoes to make it) cook for 2 minutes. Then add the cayenne pepper, ginger, red pepper, agave syrup, cumin and ground coriander and fry for another 2/3 more minutes..
- Add the peanut butter, vegetable soup, coconut milk and sweet potato. Stir together and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Stir every couple of minutes..
- Add the black eyed beans, spinach and cook for another 10/15 minutes..
- Serve it along with rice. I like to add avocado, plantain and sprinkle some seeds to make it crunchy and flavoursome..
Harissa Spice, Nut butter, Sweet potato, veggies and lentils. Lentils make this one filling meal. Easy African-inspired peanut soup (or stew). This West African peanut stew is naturally vegan and gluten-free for a healthy plant-based dinner! Make it on your stove or in a slow cooker!