Barley Mushroom Vegan winter soup.
You can cook Barley Mushroom Vegan winter soup using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Barley Mushroom Vegan winter soup
- Prepare 100 gms of barley soaked for 4 hours prior to use.
- You need 250 gms of button mushroom cleaned and sliced.
- Prepare 1 of small potato deskined and cubed.
- It’s 1 of tbn black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 of small onion chopped.
- It’s 5-6 of garlic pearls chopped finely.
- Prepare 5-6 of tbn finely chopped parsley leaves.
- You need 1 of large bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 of tbn virgin olive oil.
Barley Mushroom Vegan winter soup instructions
- Heatbthe oil in a wok and add onions and garlic chopped and sauté over medium heat.
- Strain the barley by draining away the water used to soak them.
- Once you get the aroma of the garlic, throw in the Bay leaf.
- Add the potatoes next and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the barley and mix.
- Add the mushrooms now and give it a good mix.
- Add ground black pepper powder and mix adding a litre of water.
- Cover and let the soup simmer over Low heat until the potatoes and barley are cooked.
- Once done season with 1 tbn salt to taste and chopped parsley leaves.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!.
- Tip:Salt is added at the end to allow the potatoes to cook faster..
- Tip:Depending on the quality of the barley used and the time used to soak them, you may need more water to cook them. Check them by pressing with a fork before dishing out.
- Tip: Bay leaf is used both for a distinct taste and for its medicinal properties. If you are unable to find it, skip using it in the recipe.