Vegan Bread Bhaji.
You can have Vegan Bread Bhaji using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Bread Bhaji
- It’s 8 slices of sandwich bread.
- It’s as needed of Gingely oil for frying.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of peas.
- You need 1 cup of cauliflower.
- You need 1 cup of chopped carrots.
- It’s 1 cup of potato boiled.
- It’s 2 of onions chopped.
- Prepare 1 of tomato chopped.
- It’s 2 of green chillies slit vertically.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger powder.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of kashmiri chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of pav bhaji masala or garam masala.
- It’s as needed of Chopped coriander for garnish.
- You need As needed of Water.
- You need as needed of Raw chopped onions and lemon wedges for sides.
Vegan Bread Bhaji instructions
- Make a purée of chopped onions, tomato & green chillies. Add that to a heavy bottomed pan with 2tsp gingely oil..
- Add the green peas and boiled potato to the pan. Mix well..
- In a pressure cooker cook the cauliflower & carrots for 3 whistles. Mash well once cooked. Add to the pan with the rest of the veggies..
- Add the salt, turmeric, red chilli powder. Mix well. Let it cook for 2 mins on low flame..
- Add the ginger & garlic powder..
- Pour water just enough to cover all veggies. Cover & cook on medium flame for 5-7 mins or until raw smell of chilli powder disappears..
- Add the garam masala or pav bhaji masala in the end and mix well cooking for another 2 mins on low flame. Mash all the veggies well..
- Garnish with plenty of chopped coriander.
- Cut bread slices into triangles and fry on medium flame with little gingely oil, until both sides brown..
- Serve with lime and raw chopped onions for garnish. They help in digestion and adds to the flavour of the whole dish..