Vegan Faux Nikujaga with Lentils. Great recipe for Vegan Faux Nikujaga with Lentils. I often use lentils as a substitute for ground meat. I wanted to eat nikujaga so I made this vegan version.
This bolognese sauce is kid friendly and sure to win over anyone who tries it. I've made this lentil bolognese, like, a bajillion times in the last year. Vegetarian pasta casserole. water, olive oil, oregano, pasta, lentils, onion, red and green pepper, tomatoes. You can have Vegan Faux Nikujaga with Lentils using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Faux Nikujaga with Lentils
- Prepare 100 grams of Lentils.
- You need 4 of Potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare 200 ml of ●Filtered water.
- It’s 2 tsp of ●Beet sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ●Japanese dashi powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ●Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ●Sake.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
Nikujaga is a classic Japanese comfort food, something that every household makes a bit differently so that everyone craves the way their mom makes it. I have been craving nikujaga, so decided to. This easy & delicious Vegan Lentil Loaf is a flavor-packed meal loaded with fresh veggies perfect for holidays or busy weeknights! Get my EBOOK "Under the Mo.
Vegan Faux Nikujaga with Lentils step by step
- Rinse the lentils in filtered water, then drain. Cube the potatoes. Slice the onion into wedges..
- Add the ingredients from Step 1 and the ● ingredients to a pot, cover with a lid, and cook on medium heat. Once it comes to a boil, remove the lid continue boiling, being careful not to burn it. Turn off the heat when the water is almost boiled out, then pour in the sesame oil..
- The flavors will be absorbed while it's cooling, so allow it to steam for at least 10 minutes before serving. It's also delicious the following day..
Meanwhile, bring lentils to a boil in vegetable broth. Remove the soaked mushrooms with a slotted spoon and rinse them under cool running water to remove any excess residue. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until soft. Add the lentils, bay leaf, and water, stir, and bring to a boil. Grind the cashews in the food processor until they resemble a coarse meal.